Online Application and Documents
During the application process you are requested to enter information about yourself and your educational background. Furthermore, please enter the following texts in a text box:
- a cover letter about your motivation for the Master's program Informatics and your choice of TU München (max. 2 pages)
- your resumé
- an essay about one of the given subjects in German or English (ca. 1000 words)
- a photo
We recommend to prepare your resumé, cover letter and essay before you start your application in a text file and fill the text boxes by copy and paste.
Send in your documents by post
After submitting the online application, you will see a list of documents you have to submit by post to our admissions office. The list can be different according to the applicant's personal profile. It usually includes:
- an outprint of your application form with your signature
- the certificate of your Bachelor's degree including your list of courses and grades OR an official transcript of records, in form of a legalised photo copy (round or triangle seal required, check here)
- evidence of your language skills in English
- certificates of professional training or of employment, additional qualifications if related to the program (e.g. participation in a research competition, internship etc.)
- enrollment certificate of your university (if applicable)
- a copy of your passport
- health insurance card (only if you are insured in Germany)
Please send these documents before the end of the application period to the Student Admission as described in TUMonline. Some documents can be submitted later (s. FAQs).
If your Degree Certificate is not issued in English, German or French, please do submit a legalised photo copy of the version in Original Language and (!) a translation. A certified translator can usually legalise both copies.
At the Department of Informatics, more than 20% of the students come from abroad. The application process does not differ much from the one German students have to go through.
However, there are some special requirements if you come from one of these countries:
- China: Certificate by APS, university documents with red seal and raised seal
- Chile, Columbia, Corea and Venezuela: Certificates of university entrance test
- Georgia: certificate of Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle (ZAST), please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iran: Seal for legalisation by the German Embassy on your diploma and transkript
- Mongolia: certificate by APS
- Vietnam: certificate by APS and certificate of university entrance test
For Master's programs, a certificate from uni-assist is not necessary.