Girl's Day at the Department of Informatics
On Girl's Day we invite schoolgirls to visit the Department of Informatics in order to give them some insight into current themes in Informatics!
Girl's Day 2011 will take place on April 14, 2011!
Girls' Day 2011
Agenda for the Department of Informatics on April 14, 2011 from 9 am–2:30 pm
- 9:00 am Greeting & Introduction: What do computer scientists and business data processing specialists do at the Department of Informatics?
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am accompanied by a godparent the girls get a taste of every day working life
- 11:30 am -1:00 pm Lunch together in the Mensa, guided tour of the campus
1:00 pm - 2:30 Visit of ITüpferl – Interactive workshops in the student lab – Informatics hands-on, playing and understanding:
Available spots: 30
Register via the actions circle map
April 22, 2010 Girl's Day
What do computer scientists do at the TU München?
With this theme, girls will be invited to Girl's Day at the TUM Department of Informatics on April 22, 2010, in order to get direct insight into the daily routine of computer scientists at the TU München. After the greeting during breakfast, 33 young ladies will be picked up from 21 godparents from 11 chairs. For 2 hours the girls are able to accompany their godparent in their everyday working life. After lunch in the Mensa and a quick visit in the lecture "Introduction to Software Engineering", Prof. Brügge, the girls will dive into the virtual world of the research workshop at ITüpferl. The experiences that the girls have made on this day will be reported in this site.
Chair of Efficient Algorithms
On April 22, 2010 I visited the Department of Informatics at the TU München for a day in order to learn about the interesting and diversified topics in the field of informatics. At 9 am participants of Girl's Day met at the entrance of the Informatics building. More...
Chair of Bioinformatics, Prof. Kramer
I was picked up and guided to the Bioinformatics department by 2 mentors, Tobias Girscheck and Madelene Seeland. There, my mentors along with Fabian Buchwald, explained a bit about the mandates from pharmaceutical companies and how they carry them out through the use of molecules in proteins. More...
The Basic Principles of Software Reliability and Theoretical Informatics
My advisor was Dr. Andrey Rybalchenko and he brought me to understand the duties and responsibilities of a university professor.
He did a good job providing me with general information about university life and especially with information about the Department of Informatics/Information Systems. Despite the fact that he only spoke English, we experienced no communication problems. I really liked the way he responded to my questions and how he tried to bring Informatics closer to me. He took really good care of me and I got more out of this discussion than I had expected. Franziska
Chair of Information Systems
My advisor's name is Marlen and she works at the Chair of Information Systems. Marlen and 2 more women gave me and 3 other girls good insight into Information Systems. In the process it struck me that informatics is way more complex than one imagines. More...
Chair of Bioinformatics, Prof. Rost
One of my advisors and companions was Frau Professor Doctor Rost and she works on the analysis of DNA. Prof. Rost and her researchers attempt to decode DNA and through this to predict how the life of an individual will develop. More...
Student Day at the Department of Informatics, TUM
Dear Students, Dear Teachers!
On Student Day school children and teachers and of course parents could get informed about the manifold of study possibilities at the TUM. The Department of Informatics will introduce their study programs on this day.
- Information Systems
- Bioinformatics and
- Teaching Computer Science
Student Day 2009 on Thursday, 05.02.2009
The Department of Informatics Program:
Generally from 9 am - 5 pm we offer the following in the main hall in front of leture hall 1.
- Course counselling for Informatics, Information Systems, Bioinformatics and Teaching Informatics
- Information stand for the possibilities of a study stay abroad
- 10:00 - 11:00 Visit of research projects:
- 10:00 - 11:00 Guided Tour: High performance at the Department of Informatics- State-of-the-Art networking in Garching
- 10:00 - 11:00 Lecture for teachers
- 10:00 - 11:30 Presentation: Prof. Dr. Peter Hubwieser, Field- Didactics of Computer Science: Teaching Study Programs at the Department of Informatics
- 11:00 - 11:30 Presentation: Prof. Gudrun Klinker, Ph.D, Field Augmented Reality, TUM Department of Informatics: Research examples in Informatics
- 11:30 - 12:00 pm Presentation: Prof. Dr. Florian Matthes, Dean of Students for the TUM Department of Informatics: Informatics study programs and their job profiles
12:00 pm - 13:00 pm Brezen (Bavarian pretzels)- donated by the Department of Mathematics and the Department of Informatics
- 12:00 - 14:00 Talks with student representatives (students of the department)
- 13:00 - 14:00 Visit of research projects
- 13:00 - 14:00 Presentation for teachers
- 13:00 - 14:00 Guided Tour: High performance at the Department of Informatics- State-of-the-Art networking in Garching
- 15:00 - 15:30 Presentation: Prof. Gudrun Klinker, Ph.D, Field of Augmented Reality, TUM Department of Informatics: Research examples in Informatics
- 15:30 - 16:00 Presentation: Prof. Dr. Florian Matthes, Dean of Students for the TUM Department of Informatics: Informatics Study Programs and their job profiles