Academic counseling for students of the TUM
Student counseling: Which matters do we take care of?
Student Counseling offered by the Department of Informatics informs and advises students in all affairs concerning their studies during their time as a student, e.g.
- Can I transfer credits from former studies to another subject?
- In which semester will I then be placed?
- Do I interpret the examination regulations correctly?
- Which help is given to disabled or chronically ill students?
- How do I design my individual study plan when I have to repeat exams?
- Is there a real chance for me to continue my studies though I am behind with my the regular progress?
- How can I change to a degree course from the department of Informatics?
- How can I arrange a stay abroad during my studies?
- Can I take a semester on leave when I do a longer internship?
- What to take into account when working on a thesis outside the university?
- Which prerequisites are necessary for admission into a master's program in the Department of Informatics?
How to contact the student counselors?
Personally (preferred): We are, as long as otherwise indicated, always present in our office during the announced counseling hours. Just drop in!
By phone: +49 89 289 -17284 or -17296
By email firstname.lastname@example.org: For short, precise questions (please don't forget to indicate your degree course and the beginning of your studies!)
Please be aware that we are advisors and have no information about your study status in TUMonline. So bring with you a print-out of your transript of records in TUMonline.
Please do not hesitate to come - the sooner the better!