Double Degree Students
Double degree programs at TUM Informatics offer master’s students at selected partner institutions the chance to combine two semesters of study at their home university with two semesters at TUM Informatics, followed by a thesis semester. The result is that each student earns two degrees: their home university master’s degree as well as an M.Sc. in Informatics from TUM.
Your home university needs to nominate you until the end of March for a double degree at TUM Department of Informatics. You apply for our Master's program in Informatics, but you have to submit different (less) documents than regular students.
Nomination for Double Degree by Partner Institution
For double degree applications to our Master's in Informatics, there is a departmental pre-check. The partner institution nominates students for the double degree program and sends their transcripts, bachelor diploma, CVs and language certificates to TUM Department of Informatics prior to the later student's submission of the application to TUM Office of Application and Enrollement.
Please nominate your students for
winter semester until March 31
summer semester until October 31
Then TUM Department of Informatics pre-approves the nominations on departmental level. The respective DD candidate will be provided with a letter of eligibility by our department, with which the application for the MSc Informatics to the Office of Admissions will be processed much faster. (A nomination to the Office of Application and Enrollement is not necessary anymore.)
With regard to the application documents of double degree students, please consider that:
A language certficiate issued by a partner institution has to show an equivalent level in English to the required competence level.
Even though TUM exceptionally accepts 'internal' language certificates for double degree candidates, the level has to clearly conform with TUM admission rules. E.g. minimum requirements: Internet based Test (IbT): 88, Paper based test (PbT): 605. (Students should have passed a B2 level at least and should currently work on a C1 level in English.)
German language skills are not a requirement for our MSc Informatics program.
The bachelor diploma must be submitted ideally together with the application to the Office of Application and Enrollement, but at the latest five weeks after the start of the first TUM semester. The exception for graduates of a French Grand École still applies: a certified copy of the equivalency certificate is accepted.
Application for Double Degree Program - procedure and exceptions
After the departmental pre-check, double degree candidates have to submit the following documents with the application to the Office of Application and Enrollement - in due consideration of the examination and academic regulations Master Informatics:
- Printed online application form - before you apply, check our application guide for double degree students in MSc Informatics
- Copy of passport
- Language certificate
- Transcripts of Records of your previous studies
- if already issued, the bachelor diploma (equivalence) - can be submitted also later when enroling - see paragraph above
- confirmation about health insurance - can be submitted also later when enroling
- Letter of eligibility for double degree program by TUM Informatics (see paragraph nomination)
- Important note on exceptions: The other documents for regular applicants - curricular analysis, letter of motivation and essay - are not required.
The application documents must be sent to the following address:
Technical University of Munich
Student Service Center (SSZ)
Application and Enrollement
Ms. Goelz / Ms. Harsch
May 31 (for winter semester) and
November 30 (for summer semester)
Make sure to check our application guide for double degree students in MSc Informatics, how to apply in TUMonline correctly. Our departmental website stipulates the application rules and exceptions for the double degree in MSc Informatics, the general information about double degrees programs at the central TUM websites has to apply for all double degree programs at TUM.
Get selected by your home institution - come to Munich
Students apply for a double degree program through their home institutions. If you are an interested student at one of these institutions, please contact your home international office for application information. Once you have been accepted into a program, we will contact you with more advice about your study plan at TUM Informatics.
Note: the information on this website about planning and during your exchange program also applies to double degree students.
Your double degree contacts
Martina von Imhoff, M.A.
Referentin für Studierendenaustausch
- Büro: MI 00.09.035
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Tel.: +49 89-289-17553
- Sprechstunden: Di & Do 14:00-16:00 Uhr, auch in der vorlesungsfeien Zeit!
Zusätzliche Termine nach Vereinbarung oder Online-Reservierung.
- Sprechstunde Do. 21.06., verschoben von 14:30-16:30 Uhr.
- Sprechstunden Di, 26.06. und Do 28.06. entfallen. Ersatz: Montag, 25.06., 13-15 Uhr.
- Urlaub 28.-29.06.18, Dienstreise 16.07.-01.08.18, Urlaub 20.08.-07.09.18
- Zusätzliche Beratungstermine zu TUMexchange à 45 Minuten online-reservieren am 13., 15., 20. und 22 Juni.
Dr. Angelika Reiser
Studienfachberaterin, zusätzliche Aufgabe: Auslandsbeauftragte
- Büro: 02.11.053
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: +49 89-289-17284
- Auslandsberatung und -anerkennung: Mo 13-14 h + Mi 10-11 h
- Abendsprechstunde: jeden ersten Di im Monat, 17.30-18.30 h (nächste: 03.07.18)
- weitere Termine nach Vereinbarung
- Keine Sprechstunde am Montag, 25. Juni 2018!