Entry of stays abroad in Diploma Supplement
At TUM, stays abroad will be included in your Diploma Supplement, if they meet the following two criteria:
- the stay abroad is linked to the purpose and content of your TUM studies
- the stay abroad has a duration of min. 2 months or, if shorter, credits were awarded, e.g. ATHENS, Summer Courses.
Possible stays abroad could be:
- exchange semester via TUM programs
- Final theses
- research stay
- self-organized study abroad
- Athens Program/Summer Courses
It's up to ths student to timely submit the requested documents before graduation. Calculate with some weeks for the internal coordination at TUM.
TUM International Center inputs the data of the stays abroad at a quarterly cycle (March, June, September, December) (as per February 2017). All students get an automatic confirmation about the input of stay abroad's data in TUMonline.
Please check the following paragraphs carefully, with details about the different mobility programs and ways of inclusion in your Diploma Supplement.
TUM Programs: ERASMUS+, Swiss-European Mobility Program, TUMexchange, TUM stipends and Athens
Programs coordinated by TUM International Center, like ERASMUS+, Swiss European Mobility Program, TUMexchange, TUM stipends and Athens Program, will be automatically included in your Diploma Supplement, as soon as you have submitted all program-specific confirmations and final documents.
Stays abroad via our departmental agreements can be included in your Diploma Supplement, too. Our departmental partner university has to sign the following form about confirmation of stay abroad.
Please send the confirmation - signed and stamped by our departmental partner- to student-exchange(at)in.tum.de with your full name, your matricelnumber and with a request to start the process of entry in your Diploma Supplement. TUM Informatics will forward your request to TUM International Center confirming your stay.
All outgoing students via our departmental agreements will be registered in the portal of TUM International Center already at that time. So you must not register again.
Further Information is online at the TUM International Center's websites about departmental partnerships.
Freemover (self-organized stays abroad)
Self-organized stays abroad, like internships, final thesis, study or research abroad outside of TUM programs, are summarized unter the term 'Freemover'. They can be indicated in your Diploma Supplement, too. The initially mentioned criteria have to be met.
Further information about the expected documents and the registration in the Online Portal of TUM International Center are online at the websites about Freemover stays abroad (!).
In case your stay abroad (esp. with regard to final theses!) is carried out very late during your TUM studies, check your diploma and your diploma supplement, if the data were correctly included in time.
If not, the following procedure applies (see paragraph below).
Stay abroad not in cluded - reissue of diploma supplement?
Especially when your mobility/stay abroad took place at the very end of your TUM studies, check your Diploma Supplement, if the data were included in time by TUM International Center (Please note: The input of data is just carried out in a quartely cycle - March/June/September/December).
If the entry is inaccurate or missing, there can be several reasons:
- The input of your stay abroad was shortly after the issue of your diploma. Then a reissue of your diploma supplement can be arranged rather promptly.
- You havn't submitted all required documents after all (see above). After the complete submission and the next quarterly upload of data by TUM International Center, the Diploma Supplement can be reissued.
- or there has been a technical issue transferring the data into TUMonline.
To inquire about the exact reason for a missing or inaccurate entry, please contact TUM International Center (Frauke Denniger). Indicate your full name, your TUM study program, your TUM department, the country of your stay abroad, name of university/company/hosting institution, and the day-accurate duration of your stay.
With the email feedback by TUM International Center about the time of update in TUMonline contact the study program coordination at TUM Informatics. Please note for the further process, that the input of data is just carried out in a quartely cycle (March/June/September/December) by TUM International Center.
Your TUM Informatics' program coordination forwards your request of reissue of your Diploma Supplment to the TUM Examination Office. (It can not be done by TUM International Center.) The Examination Office will get in contact with you within the next weeks via e-mail about when you can exchange your old diploma supplement for the new version.
Martina von Imhoff, M.A.
Student Exchange Coordinator
- Office: MI 00.09.035
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: +49 89-289-17553
- Step-by consultation hours: Tue & Thu 14:00-16:00h, additional appointments by request.
- Consultation hours changed due to selection interviews: Thu 2nd February 2018, 9:30-11:30h
Dr. Angelika Reiser
Academic Student Advisor, in addition: International Relations Coordinator
- office: 02.11.053
- email: email@example.com
- phone: +49 89-289-17284
- opening hours:
- Mo 1-3 pm + Thu 10 am-noon
- transfer of credits Tue 2-3 pm
- student exchange: Wed, 10-11 am
- evening counseling: first Tue every month: 5.30-6.30 pm (next: Mar 06)
- Vacation: March 9 - 25, 2018