Kick-Off: Thursday, April 5., 2018 at 16:00
Thursday, June 14., 2018, 12:00-17:00 hrs in 02.13.10
Thursday, June 21., 2018, 12:00-17:00 hrs in 02.13.010
Thursday, June 28., 2018, 12:00-17:00 hrs in 02.13.010
|Registration:||For more information please contact Michael Kern and Alexander Kumpf|
The main purpose of this seminar is to introduce the basic ideas of computer graphics. Exemplary topics as they occur in the process of generating an animated feature-film will be discussed. The seminar will try to cover the entire pipeline from the storyboard to the final movie, thus giving detailed insight in how computer-assisted animation is done today. The focus will be on computer graphics, but there will be other topics that address more artistic views as well.
To successfully participate in this seminar, the attendants have to write a scientific short-paper (6 pages) using the ACM-style template with a double-column layout. Additionally, they have to prepare a talk which should last 25 minutes. Both, papers and talks can be written or held in German or English, with German being preferred.
Overleaf Template (Registration Required!)
EuroVis Star Template (Offline)
Literature and Links
ACM Digital Library
The TUM has an account at the ACM digital library which hosts some of the most important conferences on Computer Graphics. To access it, proceed as follows:
- Configure your browser to use proxy.informatik.tu-muenchen.de at port 8080.
- Read the three bullets below, then browse to ACM Digital Library.
- Make sure you see "HeBIS: TU Muenchen" witten in the logo, and not "Technische Universitaet Muenchen".
- Now you can search for papers, topics etc. They are hosted in pdf format.
- It might be necessary to perform the above procedure from within the TU web.