When submitting your thesis, it is important that you adhere to the guideline of the Examination Board.
The requirements below apply to students of the following programs:
- Bachelor's in Informatics, Informatics: Games Engineering and Information Systems
- Master's in Informatics, Informatics: Games Engineering, Information Systems, Biomedical Computing and Automotive Software Engineering, Data Engineering and Analytics
Please respect the Student Code of Conduct.
- A4 size
- No handwriting (apart from date and signature at the second page)
- Cardstock (no transparent film, no plastic cover)
- Hardback (no spiral binding)
- Technische Universität München or Technical University of Munich
- Department of Informatics
- Master's Thesis in | Bachelor's Thesis in Informatics | Informatics: Games Engineering | Information Systems | Biomedical Computing | Data Engineering and Analytics | Automotive Software Engineering | ...
- Thesis title (in the language of the thesis).
Please note: If the title is different from the title you have registered, the new title must be confirmed by your supervisor.
- First and last name of the author.
- The TUM and departmental logos are optional.
- Please note:
The TUM and departmental logos are optional.
Do not attach any notes, images and company name or other logos.
No company name or company logo.
- Author and shortened title, Imprinted or permanently fixed (f.e. glue on the text with wide tape).
- Repeat the cover information.
- Also include:
- The title must be written in English as well as German.
- Supervisor: The first and last names of the supervisor including the academic title
- Advisor/s: The first and last names of the advisor/s including the academic title
- Submission date: (must not be handwritten)
- the actual submission date
- or the submission deadline (15th of the month)
- Please note:
Do not include your student registration number or other personal data such as date of birth.
Do not attach any notes, images and company name or logo.
- Include the following declaration:
I confirm that this bachelor's thesis | master's thesis is my own work and I have documented all sources and material used.
- Handwritten signature and date of signature (date may also be handwritten).
You can find the registration form for your Bachelor's/Master's thesis on the pages of your degree program in the section "Thesis Information".
How can I see in TUMonline that my thesis is registered?
On your personal overview page in TUMonline, you will find the application "Student Files" in the section "Studies and Courses". If you click on it, you will get to your
student file, where there is also a tab "Degrees". In the lower part of this tab you will find your thesis, if you are already registered. If you hold the cursor
over the orange dot, your submission date will be displayed.
Alternatively, you can go to your "Curriculum Support" via the tile "Study Status/Curriculum". If you expand the entry "Bachelor'sThesis" with the "Plus" twice, you will see a note that the thesis is registered
Please mail one copy of your thesis by post to:
Technische Universität München
Servicebüro Studium Informatik, SB-S-IN
Also see the current thesis submission information on the Corona information page.
The date of the postmark counts.
- the thesis must be submitted on the 15th of the month, or the next working day if the 15th is a Saturday, Sunday, or public holiday
- early submission is possible
- Submit one copy to your supervisor (please clarify with your supervisor how to submit this copy)
- You may also wish to give one copy to the departmental library and one copy to the advisor, but this is not compulsory.
If a final thesis has been approved as a group paper in consultation with the supervisor in the sense of §18 Para. 2 of the APSO, each author must nevertheless submit a separate copy of the thesis with his or her own affidavit. The individual assignment of the examination performance to be evaluated should be clearly evident from the work. On the cover page and the spine only the name of the student submitting this copy should be written. On the first page, all authors can be listed under "Authors".