Thesis - Guidelines and Topics
When submitting your thesis, it is important that you adhere to the guideline of the Examination Board.
The requirements below apply to students of the following programs:
- Bachelor's in Informatics, Informatics: Games Engineering and Information Systems
- Master's in Informatics, Informatics: Games Engineering, Information Systems, Biomedical Computing and Automotive Software Engineering
Code of Conduct
Please respect the Student Code of Conduct.
- A4 size
- No handwriting (apart from date and signature at the second page)
- Cardstock (no transparent film, no plastic cover)
- Hardback (no spiral binding)
- Technische Universität München or Technical University of Munich
- Department of Informatics
- Master's Thesis | Bachelor's Thesis in Informatics | Informatics: Games Engineering | Information Systems | Biomedical Computing | Automotive Software Engineering | ...
- Thesis title (in the language of the thesis).
Please note: If the title is different from the title you have registered, the new title must be confirmed by your supervisor.
- First and last name of the author.
- The TUM and departmental logos are optional.
- Please note:
The TUM and departmental logos are optional.
Do not attach any notes, images and company name or other logos.
No company name or company logo.
- Author and shortened title, Imprinted or permanently fixed (f.e. glue on the text with wide tape).
- Repeat the cover information.
- Also include:
- The title must be written in English as well as German.
- Supervisor: The first and last names of the supervisor including the academic title
- Advisor/s: The first and last names of the advisor/s including the academic title
- Submission date: (must not be handwritten)
- the actual submission date
- or the submission deadline (15th of the month)
- Please note:
Do not include your student registration number or other personal data such as date of birth.
Do not attach any notes, images and company name or logo.
- Include the following declaration:
I confirm that this bachelor's thesis | master's thesis is my own work and I have documented all sources and material used.
- Handwritten signature and date of signature (date may also be handwritten).
- Submit one copy as an official copy to the Infopoint during opening hours:
- bring your student ID card as confirmation of enrollment
- the thesis must be submitted on the 15th of the month, or the next working day if the 15th is a Saturday, Sunday, or public holiday
- early submission is possible
- Submit one copy to your supervisor.
- You may also wish to give one copy to the departmental library and one copy to the advisor, but this is not compulsory.