- A4 size
- No handwriting (apart from date and signature at the second page)
- Cardstock (no transparent film, no plastic cover)
- Hardback (no spiral binding)
- Technische Universität München or Technical University of Munich
- Department of Informatics
- Master's Thesis in | Bachelor's Thesis in Informatics | Informatics: Games Engineering | Information Systems | Biomedical Computing | Data Engineering and Analytics | Automotive Software Engineering | ...
- Thesis title (in the language of the thesis).
Please note: If the title is different from the title you have registered, the new title must be confirmed by your supervisor.
- First and last name of the author.
- The TUM and departmental logos are optional.
- Please note:
The TUM and departmental logos are optional.
Do not attach any notes, images and company name or other logos.
No company name or company logo.
- Author and shortened title, Imprinted or permanently fixed (f.e. glue on the text with wide tape).
- Repeat the cover information.
- Also include:
- The title must be written in English as well as German.
- Supervisor: The first and last names of the supervisor including the academic title
- Advisor/s: The first and last names of the advisor/s including the academic title
- Submission date: (must not be handwritten)
- the actual submission date
- or the submission deadline (15th of the month)
- Please note:
Do not include your student registration number or other personal data such as date of birth.
Do not attach any notes, images and company name or logo.
- Include the following declaration:
I confirm that this bachelor's thesis | master's thesis is my own work and I have documented all sources and material used.
- Handwritten signature and date of signature (date may also be handwritten).
Please respect the Student Code of Conduct.
The latest version of the handout can be found on the central website Downloads - Teaching and Quality Management.
Registration forms for theses and further information specific to the degree program can be found on the degree program pages in the Thesis section:
You can find the registration form for your Bachelor's/Master's thesis on the pages of your degree program in the section "Thesis Information".
How can I see in TUMonline that my thesis is registered?
On your personal overview page in TUMonline, you will find the application "Student Files" in the section "Studies and Courses". If you click on it, you will get to your student file, where there is also a tab "Degrees". In the lower part of this tab you will find your thesis, if you are already registered. If you hold the cursor over the orange dot, your submission date will be displayed.
Alternatively, you can go to your "Curriculum Support" via the tile "Study Status/Curriculum". If you expand the entry "Bachelor'sThesis" with the "Plus" twice, you will see a note that the thesis is registered.
When we have received your thesis and registered your submission, this will also be displayed there.
The subsequent regulations apply only to students in the following degree programs:
- Bachelor's: Informatics, Informatics: Games Engineering, Information Systems (Wirtschaftsinformatik)
- Master's: Informatics, Informatics: Games Engineering, Information Systems (Wirtschaftsinformatik), Biomedical Computing, Data Engineering and Analytics
Please mail one copy of your thesis by post to:
Technische Universität München
Servicebüro Studium Informatik, SB-S-IN
Also see the current thesis submission information on the Corona information page.
The date of the postmark counts.
- the thesis must be submitted on the 15th of the month, or the next working day if the 15th is a Saturday, Sunday, or public holiday
- early submission is possible
- Submit one copy to your supervisor (please clarify with your supervisor how to submit this copy)
- You may also wish to give one copy to the departmental library and one copy to the advisor, but this is not compulsory.
If a final thesis has been approved as a group paper in consultation with the supervisor in the sense of §18 Para. 2 of the APSO, each author must nevertheless submit a separate copy of the thesis with his or her own affidavit. The individual assignment of the examination performance to be evaluated should be clearly evident from the work. On the cover page and the spine only the name of the student submitting this copy should be written. On the first page, all authors can be listed under "Authors".
If you are unable to meet the submission deadline of your thesis for valid reasons for which you are not responsible, you can submit an application for an extension of the thesis to the Examination Board.
The application must be submitted immediately to the secretary responsible for your degree program. The processing time after submission of all documents is usually two weeks, and you will be notified of the Examination Board's decision.
Applications can generally be divided into two categories:
1) Health reasons
If you are ill and can prove by a certificate that you are prevented from working on your thesis, the processing time is suspended. In the Department of Informatics, this is represented by an extension of your submission deadline. A medical certificate must be enclosed with the application. A certificate of incapacity for work is not sufficient. You can find the requirements for a certificate on the following website: www.tum.de/en/studies/during-your-studies/organizing-your-studies/examinations/withdrawing-from-examinations-medical-certificates
2) Other reasons
In cases of delays due to other valid reasons for which you are not responsible, the submission deadline of your thesis may be extended in exceptional and particularly justified cases in agreement with the thesis supervisor and with the approval of the Examination Board. Please enclose a detailed justification (if possible with supporting documents) with your application.