- Spiking Neural Networks with Random Backpropagation
- Hierarchical Robot Motion Control with Spiking Neural Networks
- Classical Conditioning with a simulated Robot and Spiking Neural Networks
- Robot Control with Embodied Learning Rules in Spiking Neural Networks
- [Forschungspraktikum] Human Walking Analysis and Animation in Simulation
- [Forschungspraktikum] Robot Control with Cognitive Architecture ACT-R
- Developmental Body Modeling in Soft Robotics
- Cloud-Based Robotics for Machine Learning
- Virtual Neurorobotics with Intel Loihi
- Spiking Compliant Robot Control with Intel Loihi
- Integration of the Neural Simulator NEST into the Neurorobotics Platform
- Hierarchical Temporal Memory (HTM) with Spiking Neural Networks
- Deep Spiking Q-Networks
- Autonomous Locomotion Control for Snake Robot Based on Bio inspired Vision Sensor and Spiking Neural Network
- Advanced Autonomous Driving Control Based on Bio inspired Vision Sensor and Spiking Neural Network
- Spiking Neural Network for Autonomous Navigation based on LiDAR Sensor
We are offering topics for a Bachelor's Thesis (BA), Semester Thesis (SE), Master's Thesis (MA), Guided Research (GR), and Interdisciplinary Project (IDP):
- Real-Time and Multi-Modal 3D Object Detection on the Autonomous Driving Test Stretch Using Camera and LiDAR Sensors
- Deep Traffic Scenario Mining, Detection, Classification and Generation on the Autonomous Driving Test Stretch using the CARLA Simulator
- Real-time Camera-only Object Detection for Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Sensor Fusion and Vehicle Tracking for Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Adaptive Data Distribution Services, V2X Communication Protocols, Channel Quality Prediction and Optimal Resource Allocation
- Highly Scalable Software Architecture for Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Automated Camera Stabilization and Calibration for Intelligent Transportation Systems
- [BA/MA] Meta Reinforcement Learning in Dynamic Environment
- [BA/MA] Complex Robotic Manipulation via Actionable Representation Learning Guided Exploration
- [BA/MA] Reinforcement Learning via Hindsight Experience Replay (HER)
- [BA/MA] Reinforcement Learning for Adaptive Locomotion of Snake-like Robot
- [BA/MA] Energy-Efficient Gait Exploration for Snake-like Robots Based on Adversarial Reinforcement Learning
- [MA/GR] Vision-Based Continual Reinforcement Learning for Robotic Manipulation Tasks
- [BA/MA] Imitation Learning via Demonstration
We have seveal other open topics in the domain of reinforcement learning in robotics and we also accept open proposals or ideas with yourselves. For more information, please contact Zhenshan Bing.
- [MA/BA] Design and Control of a Rat Robot with Actuated Spine and Ribs
- [MA/BA] Biologically Plausible Spatial Navigation (NeuralSLAM)
- [MA/BA] Brain-inspired Localization and Mapping based on LiDAR Sensor
- Speech Processing with Spiking Neural Networks
- Biologically Inspired Grid Cell Representation for Object Detection in Radar Data
- Conversion of Analogue to Spiking LSTM
- Event-based Convolutional Spiking Neural Networks in Radar Data Processing
- A Bio-Inspired Spiking Model for Object Trackingin FMCW-Radar Data
BA / IDP / MA - partly in cooperation with Siemens AG
For more information, please visit my homepage Raven Reisch or contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, please visit my homepage Mingchuan Zhou or contact me via email (email@example.com).
We have a set of open topics in the domain of affective computing and multimodal emotion recognition, within the context of OSBORNE project, for more information please contact Sina.
We have several open topics related to computer vision in the HORSE and REMODEL projects. Please contact Arne for more details.
TBD, please contact Thomas Brunner.
- Masterthesis – Grey-Box Modellierung und Validierung des Motoraufheizverhaltens auf dem Rollenprüfstand und im Fahrzeug mittels Machine Learning
- [MA] Behavior Planning for Autonomous Driving by Combining Neural Networks and Tree Search (ZF Friedrichshafen AG)
- [MA] Hybrid Parallel Online POMDP Decision Making for Lane Changes in Urban Areas (ZF Friedrichshafen AG)
Some of these thesis's are offered in cooperation with the startup Kea robotics.
- [SA/MA] Development of Flexible Link-Module Kinematics for Modular Robots
- [BA/SA/MA] Development and Construction of an Automatic Robot Motor Module Test and Tuning Rig
- [BA/MA] Development of a Benchmarking Framework for Evaluation of Modular Robots
- [SA/MA] Development of a Ball-Based Robot Coupling Mechanism for Modular Robots
- [MA/SA/BA] Robotic Path-Planning for Computer-Aided Manufacturing
- [MA/SA/BA] Optimization of Robot Placement
For general interest in a Bachelors or Masters Thesis, feel free to contact Paul Maroldt (firstname.lastname@example.org).