Tutor's Office of the Department of Informatics
The Tutor's Office of the Department of Informatics lies within the authority of the Dean of Informatics. Our team recruits student tutors for all compulsory courses and several elective courses, assigns them to the courses, trains them in a three-day block seminar and assists them throughout their time working as a student tutor.
During the current corona time, we can support our student tutors with different hardware devices. More information can be found here.
The Tutor's Office recruits student tutors for the following courses:
- All compulsory courses
- Several elective courses
- Revision courses: Winter semester 2021/22
Open Student Tutor Positions
For the upcoming summer semester 2022 we are looking for motivated student tutors. If you are interested in a position as a tutor, please register and apply via the Tutor-Tool: tutorbetrieb.in.tum.de
Benefits of working as a Student Tutor:
- You improve your presentation skills
- You get an insight into teaching activities
- Supervision and assistance by academic staff
- Pedagogical training: Seminar IN9028 „Didaktisches und pädagogisches Training für Tutoren“ > successful participation can be credited with 4 ECTS (seminar offered in German only)
Student tutors without a first higher education degree currently receive 11,70 Euros per hour. Student tutors with a first (subject-specific) higher education degree (e.g. Bachelor degree in Informatics) receive 13,60 Euros per hour.
You can find us at our office in the FMI-building Garching (Faculty building of Mathematics and Informatics).
- Room 02.12.052, Department of Informatics, Boltzmannstr. 3, 85748 Garching
The office is usually occupied on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. It is additionally possible to schedule an individual appointment. Please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.