Virtual Information Session B. Sc. Information Engineering
- 07.06.2022 - 11-12 am - Zoom (Meeting-ID: 622 1548 6938; Pin: 598361)
- 04.07.2022 - 4-5 pm - Zoom (Meeting-ID: 622 1548 6938; Pin: 598361)
When can I apply?
- Online application and submission of required documents:
- For the winter semester:
- May 15 – July 15
- For the summer semester:
- November 15 – January 15: (only for direct admission to the second or a higher semester
For the summer semester, only students who change subjects or universities can apply. Based on your achievements, you need to have achieved at least the second semester (at least 28 ECTS).
Change of subject
In case of a change of subject, the application for semester classification and grading system, see download box on the right, must be submitted with the application. However, this application must only be submitted in the case of an application for the summer semester, as the placement must be at least in the second semester.
ATTENTION: the application for semester placement and the form describing the grading system must be received by January 15 (official application deadline). This document cannot be submitted later!
Change of university
Transfer students from German universities in the same subject who have already studied one or more semesters apply for their next semester in the Bachelor's program. The application procedure is regular, for more information see 'How to apply'.
Please note: In this case, you also have to fill out and upload an application for the notice of semester classification (even if it is not relevant for admission, since you 'ex officio' take your semesters with you). If you are enrolled, please submit an application for recognition of your previous achievements as soon as possible.
Applicants for a Bachelor's degree program with a foreign university entrance qualification require a preliminary check of the certificates by uni-assist before applying online. Since this can take up to four weeks in total, we recommend that you initiate this early. Detailed information
Application procedure: digital application
The application process takes place via the TUMonline internet portal.
After creating a TUMonline account, you will be asked to enter personal data and information about your education as well as upload individual documents. The following documents must be uploaded to the TUMonline portal:
- Application for admission (signed by hand).
- your university entrance qualification (Abitur certificate or similar)
- a curriculum vitae in table form, up-to-date and without gaps up to the date of application
- Letter of motivation: a written statement by you explaining why you have chosen the course of study and why you have chosen TU Munich as your university (see also FAQs on application documents)
- from the winter semester of 2022/23: internationally recognized German language certificate (minimum A2)
- if applicable, application for semester classification and form for the grading system
- if applicable, subjects and transcript of grades from previous studies
- If applicable, module descriptions of the modules that are to be recognized
- If applicable, all relevant documents on previous education (school, vocational, study-related, etc.)
- If applicable, proof of internships, orientation studies (e.g. early studies Schüler.In.TUM, studium MINT at TUM), social commitment, etc.
- if applicable, pre-verification documentation (VPD) from uni-assist
- Copy of valid passport or identity card in compliance with data protection regulations
- if applicable, notification of the right to take an examination ("clearance certificate")
No paper documents need to be submitted for the application. Only in the case of admission do the relevant documents have to be submitted in paper form, if necessary also as a notarized copy, for enrollment.
An aptitude test is carried out for all applicants.
Based on the documents you upload, we make a preliminary selection as to whether you will be
- are directly classified as suitable and admitted to the study program
- or will be invited to an obligatory personal interview with a professor of the Faculty of Computer Science (stage 2)
- or be rejected directly.
What do we review?
- average grade in the Abitur certificate or your university entrance qualification
- subject-specific individual grades (mathematics, English and a science continued until the Abitur, including computer science)
- If applicable, additional qualifications outside of school (relevant vocational training; at least 4-week internship relevant to the subject; participation in studiumMINT at TUM; successful participation in "Jugend Forscht" or "Mathematics Olympiad").
The calculation formulas can be found in the statutes for the aptitude assessment procedure, which you can download on the right. Some case studies are also posted there under Guide.
Requests for the interview date can be made in TUMonline. Your personal interview with a professor will last about 20 minutes. Its purpose is to find out whether you are likely to be able to successfully complete your desired degree program. Subject-specific prior knowledge is not decisive. Rather, we check
- knowledge of the structure of the intended degree program and the job description of a computer scientist
- ability to think abstractly, logically and system-oriented and to formalize approaches to solutions
- additional qualifications specific to the course of study
- precise reasoning ability in English
After the interview you will be informed about the result via your TUMonline account.
Your invitation to the interview: by email at least one week before the interview date.
As soon as you receive an acceptance - in stage 1 or stage 2 - you are admitted to the program and can enroll. If you have received a rejection, you can apply one more time.
Further information on postponing the study start here (After admission).