The main focus of research at the chair/department of operating systems is on mobile distributed systems. The topics under investigation cover mobile operating systems, mobile networks, and mobility management.
In particular the following topics will be handled.
- What are the requirements of mobile, web-based, embedded, and small operating systems?
- What are their components, structures, and architectures?
- What is the influence of wireless networks, software defined radio, or cognitive radio?
- Will self-organized, ad-hoc networking be the future?
- How can mobility management, seamless interaction, energy awareness, and security be solved for global systems?