Software with high quality is a general goal of software evolution. However, what constitutes software quality in concrete terms, and above all how it is determined and achieved, is a challenge. This seminar is dedicated to this topic.
This year we want to put special emphasis on not only considering the quality of source code. Requirements and tests are also part of software and its quality.
In the seminar we will cover techniques for evaluating and improving the quality of requirements, tests, source code and processes. We want to learn the techniques not only in theory but also try them out with practical examples.
The seminar can be held in English as well as in German.
Seminar lectures take place bundled at the end of the semester as a block event. Further regular dates will be arranged individually with the respective supervisor.
The information session will probably be held on Feb 5th, 2pm. You can attend via Zoom Client as well as your browser using this URL: [link tba]
After the meeting, you are cordially invited to apply using this form.
Your application should include a letter of motivation and optionally a short cv or grade report. Deadline for the application is Feb 17th.
- March | Assignment of supervisor and topic, first coordination.
- April: joint kick-off event with information on literature research, effective presentations and an introduction to common software quality challenges
- July: seminar presentations as block event
Each participant learns to work independently on a scientific topic, to conduct literature research, to apply the knowledge gained and to write a paper on the given topic. Each participant gives a presentation on his or her topic to the other participants and supervisors and receives detailed feedback.
The topics for the summer semester have not yet been finalized, but will likely include:
- Case Study and Best Practices for Code Reviews
- Testing of Deep Learning Models
- Test Suite Composition: On testing pyramids, ice cream cones and honeycombs
- Automating Quality Assessments: What does Sonarqube actually do?
- Comparing Different Static Analysis Tools
- How to measure the Usability of GUIs?
- Improving the Security of CI/CD Systems
- Using Code as Input for Machine Learning
- Ensuring Safety for Autonomous Driving
- [many more]