Edmond Irani Liu joined the Cyber-Physical Systems Group in 2019 as a Research Assistant and Ph.D. student under the supervison of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Matthias Althoff. In 2015 and 2018, he received his bachelor's degree in Automation and master's degree in Control Science and Engineering, both from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, respectively.
His current research focuses on provably-safe cooperative driving of automated vehicles. He is a participant in the project Cooperative and Intrinsically-Correct Control of Vehicles in Diverse Environments (CoInCIDE) within the Priority Program Cooperatively Interacting Automobiles (SPP1835), funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
I am always looking for self-motivated students to solve interesting problems arising in my research areas. If you are interested in one of the currently available topics, simply send me a mail with your up-to-date CV and transcript of records attached. A guide to writing good thesis can be found here.
- [MA|2020] Computation of Reachable Sets for Multi-UAV Motion Planning Applications
- [BA|2019] Globetrotter - Automatic Extraction of Interesting Road Networks Around the World
- [BA|2019] Generation of Interactive Benchmark for Motion Planning of Autonomous Vehicles
- Practical course - Motion Planning for Autonomous Vehicles (since WS 2019)
- CommonRoad Interactive Benchmark Generation
- Developing a Hierarchical A* Motion Planning Algorithm
- Improving a Graph Search-Based Motion Planning Algorithm
- Formation of Cooperative Groups for Automated Vehicles
- Seminar course - Cyber-Physical Systems (since WS 2019)
- Safe and Efficient Cooperation Strategies at Intersections
- Lecture - Foundations of Artificial Intelligence (since WS 2019)
- Programming exercise: Motion Planning with Motion Primitives
- Provably-Safe Cooperative Driving via Invariably Safe Sets. 2020 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), 2020, 1-8 mehr… Volltext (mediaTUM)
- Scenario Factory: Creating Safety-Critical Traffic Scenarios for Automated Vehicles. 2020 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), 2020 mehr… Volltext (mediaTUM)
Last updated: 18.05.2020