I studied Mechatronics Engineering at the Technical University Dresden, where I graduated in 2014. Afterwards, I worked in various engineering projects in the automotive industry simulating electric vehicles.
Today, no path towards market entry of autonomous vehicles exists because of the still unsolved approval trap. My research focuses on verifying the high-level behavior of autonomous vehicles, as a step towards safety of the intended functionality.
To master Level 5 autonomous driving, high interactions between other participants require the unknown intentions of other participants to be estimated and incorporated into the planning process. Since new approaches from game theory and machine learning are used to tackle such problems, the complexity is growing. This makes it even harder to verify such systems. Fusing probabilistic planning and verification methods may help shift part of the development from writing code to writing specifications.
Informatik 6 - Lehrstuhl für Robotik, Künstliche Intelligenz und Echtzeitsysteme (Prof. Knoll)
- Tel.: work +49 89 3603522 593
- Homepage: https://www.fortiss.org/ueber-uns/mitarbeiter/klemens-esterle/
If you are looking for a Bachelor or Master thesis in the areas of behavior planning for autonomous driving, feel free to contact me.
Master Practical Course: Planning Robust Behavior for Autonomous Driving (IN2106)
- From Specifications to Behavior: Maneuver Verification in a Semantic State Space. 2019 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), 2019 more… BibTeX Full text (mediaTUM)
- Bridging the Gap between Open Source Software and Vehicle Hardware for Autonomous Driving. 2019 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), IEEE, 2019 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Experience-Based Heuristic Search: Robust Motion Planning with Deep Q-Learning. 2018 21st International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), 2018 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )
- Spatiotemporal Motion Planning with Combinatorial Reasoning for Autonomous Driving. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2018 more… BibTeX Full text ( DOI )