Soubarna Banik, M.Sc.
Technical University of Munich
85748 Garching b. München
- Room: 5607.03.037
- (2019 - Present) Ph.D. candidate, Technische Universität München (TUM), Germany
- (2018) Master of Science, Intelligent Adaptive Systems, University of Hamburg, Germany
- (2009) Bachelor of Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, West Bengal University of Technology, India
- Human posture detection and tracking
- Multi object tracking
- Graph convolutional networks
- Deep learning
- Visual attention
- reFit: Research and development of an algorithm for posture recognition and tracking
If you are interested in any of the following topics, please send me an email mentioning your interest area and a list of related work that you have done before.
- human 2D and 3D pose estimation using Graph CNN
- human 2D to 3D pose tracking using Graph CNN and LSTM/Transformer
- pose estimation in occluded scenes involving wheel chairs
- head pose estimation for autonomous vehicles
- Others: tracking, spatio-temporal data processing and 3D object detection
Bachelor thesis topics:
- Multi-Object tracking for annotating markers of a motion capture system.
You will have opportunities to work with depth cameras, motion-capture system and deep learning.
- Bachelor thesis: Multi-object-tracking for annotating markers for a motion capture system, Kristiyan Sakalyan, Nov, 2021
- Master thesis: Development and validation of a markerset to measure body movements in wheelchair children, Christin Bauer, Oct, 2021
- Master thesis: Evaluation of Gamification Aspects of a Vibration Board in Movement Therapy on the Example of Exercise Games, Hendrik Möller, Aug, 2021
- Master thesis: Graph Networks for Relational Inductive Bias in Vision-Based Deep Reinforcement Learning of Robotic Manipulator Control, Marco Oliva, Mar, 2021 - Sept, 2021
- Master thesis: Development of a Long Term Motivation and Progression System in Serious Games for Movement Therapy, Daniel Hook, May. 2020 - Jan, 2021
- Master thesis: Comparative Analysis of the State-of-the-art Image Synthesis Methods used for Object Classification in Automotive Industry, Tobias Schuster, Dec. 2019 -May, 2020
- Understanding the Human Body Using Deep Learning-Based Approaches (WS 2021/2022)
- Vogtareuth Rehab Depth Datasets: Benchmark for Marker-less Posture Estimation in Rehabilitation. 43rd Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), 2021 mehr… BibTeX
- 3D Human Pose Regression using Graph Convolutional Network. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 2021 mehr… BibTeX
- Object Localization with Attribute Preference based on Top-Down Attention. 13th International Conference on Computer Vision Systems (ICVS), 2021 mehr… BibTeX