Soubarna Banik, M.Sc.
Technical University of Munich
85748 Garching b. München
- Room: 5607.03.037
- (2019 - Present) Ph.D. candidate, Technische Universität München (TUM), Germany
- (2018) Master of Science, Intelligent Adaptive Systems, University of Hamburg, Germany
- (2009) Bachelor of Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, West Bengal University of Technology, India
- Human posture detection and tracking
- Multi object tracking
- Graph convolutional networks
- Deep learning
- Visual attention
- reFit: Research and development of an algorithm for posture recognition and tracking
If you are interested in any of the following topics, please send me an email mentioning your interest area and a list of related work that you have done before.
- human 2D and 3D pose estimation using Graph CNN
- human 2D to 3D pose tracking using Graph CNN and LSTM
- pose estimation in scenes involving wheel chairs
- head pose estimation for autonomous vehicles
- Others: tracking, spatio-temporal data processing and 3D object detection
Bachelor thesis topics:
- Re-training RGB pose estimation models on depth images in PyTorch
- Development of a framework for integrating state of the art pose detection/tracking algorithm in a real world Gaming application used for rehabilitation.
You will have opportunities to work with depth cameras, motion-capture system and machine learning.
- Master thesis: Graph Networks for Relational Inductive Bias in Vision-Based Deep Reinforcement Learning of Robotic Manipulator Control, Marco Oliva, Mar, 2021
- Master thesis: Comparative Analysis of the State-of-the-art Image Synthesis Methods used for Object Classification in Automotive Industry, Tobias Schuster, Dec. 2019 -May, 2020
- Master thesis: Development of a Long Term Motivation and Progression System in Serious Games for Movement Therapy, Daniel Hook, May. 2020 - Jan, 2021