In August 2019, I joined the Human Brain Project SP10 Neurorobotics research group at TUM as a post-doc researcher. Previously, I received my Bachelor degree in Mechanical Design Manufacturing and Automation from Harbin Institute of Technology, China in 2013, and my M.Eng degree in Mechanical Engineering (State Key Laboratory of Robotics System) at the same university in 2015. I received my PhD degree in computer science from the Technical University of Munich under the supervision of Prof. Alois Knoll in June 2019.
My research investigates the bio-inspired robot which is controlled to achieve autonomous locomotion and self-adaptive behavior with spiking neural networks and reinforcement learning and its related applications.
If you are self-motivated for a robotic related thesis topic, please write me an email indicating your background and skills.
- Topic 1: Reinforcement Learning via Hindsight Experience Replay (HER)
- Topic 2: Autonomous Locomotion Control for Snake Robot Based on Bio-inspired Vision Sensor and Spiking Neural Network
- Topic 3: Advanced Autonomous Driving Control Based on Bio-inspired Vision Sensor and Spiking Neural Network
- Topic 4: Reinforcement Learning for Adaptive Locomotion of Snake-like Robot
Currently, we have a small group of bachelor/master students working on several topics about reinforcement learning and spiking neural network. Some of the theses have successfully been published on peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Energy-Efficient Slithering Gait Exploration for a Snake-like Robot based on Reinforcement Learning. The 28th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-19), Macao, China, 10-16 August 2019, 2019 mehr… BibTeX
- Supervised Learning in SNN via Reward-Modulated Spike-Timing-Dependent Plasticity for a Target Reaching Vehicle. Frontiers in Neurorobotics 13, 2019 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- End to End Learning of a Multi-layered SNN Based on R-STDP for a Target Tracking Snake-like Robot, to be appear. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation(ICRA), 2019 mehr… BibTeX
- Indirect and Direct Training of Spiking Neural Networks for End-to-End Control of a Lane-Keeping Vehicle. Neural Networks, 2019 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI ) Volltext (mediaTUM)
- Toward Brain-inspired Learning with the Neuromorphic Snake-like Robot and the Neurorobotic Platform. IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems, 2019, 1-1 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI ) Volltext (mediaTUM)
- Adaptive Periodic Thermal Management for Pipelined Hard Real-Time Systems. IEEE Access 7, 2019, 114731-114746 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Neuromorphic Vision Datasets for Pedestrian Detection, Action Recognition, and Fall Detection. Frontiers in Neurorobotics 13, 2019 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Mixed Frame-/Event-Driven Fast Pedestrian Detection. 2019 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2019 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Retina-based Pipe-like Object Tracking Implemented through Spiking Neural Network on a Snake Robot. Frontiers in Neurorobotics, 2019 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- End to End Learning of Spiking Neural Network based on R-STDP for a Lane Keeping Vehicle, to be appear. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2018 mehr… BibTeX
- A Survey of Robotics Control Based on Learning-Inspired Spiking Neural Networks. Frontiers in Neurorobotics 12, 2018 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Neuromorphic Vision Based Multivehicle Detection and Tracking for Intelligent Transportation System. Journal of Advanced Transportation 2018, 2018, 1-13 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Peak Temperature Minimization for Hard Real-time Systems using DVS and DPM. Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers, 2018 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Towards autonomous locomotion: CPG-based control of smooth 3D slithering gait transition of a snake-like robot. Bioinspiration & Biomimetics 12 (3), 2017, 035001 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Towards Autonomous Locomotion: Slithering Gait Design of a Snake-like Robot for Target Observation and Tracking. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2017 mehr… BibTeX Volltext (mediaTUM)
- CPG-based control of smooth transition for body shape and locomotion speed of a snake-like robot. 2017 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), IEEE, 2017 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI ) Volltext (mediaTUM)
- Slope angle estimation based on multi-sensor fusion for a snake-like robot. 2017 20th International Conference on Information Fusion (Fusion), IEEE, 2017 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Biologically Inspired Spiking Neural Network for Autonomous Locomotion Control of Snake-Like Robots. International Journal of Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 2017 mehr… BibTeX Volltext (mediaTUM)
- Online Multi-Object Tracking-by-Clustering for Intelligent Transportation System with Neuromorphic Vision Sensor. the 40th German Conference on Artificial Intelligence(KI 2017), 2017 mehr… BibTeX
- Event-based Target Tracking Control for a Snake Robot Using a Dynamic Vision Sensor. International Conference On Neural Information Processing (ICONIP), 2017 mehr… BibTeX Volltext ( DOI )
- Snake-like Robot Climbs Inside Different Pipes. 2017 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, 2017 mehr… BibTeX