- All theses have to be written in English.
- All theses have to be written in LaTeX (use Thesis Template for Informatics v0.1).
- All prototypes created as part of theses are to be hosted on our servers, thus Linux/backend and programming knowledge is mandatory.
Please send all applications with a CV, Grade Report (Leistungsnachweis), and an Application Form (including a detailed motivation). If you want to propose own topics, please use the Application Form including a detailed motivation for the topic, planned contributions, a proposed evaluation methodology, and (optional) information about involved companies. Contract work for companies is not a thesis. Please note that every thesis must make a separate, independent scientific contribution. External topics can be supervised only when there is a close link to the research topics and areas of competence of this research group.
Please note that since Prof. Krcmar retired in October 2020, he only supervises selected topics (check if he is the contact in one of the topics below). For Prof. Rinderle-Ma the proposal of own topics is possible.
- AGV (Autonomous Guided Vehicle) Positioning
- Robot Palletizing
- Robot Movement to Process Model
- Process Tree Difference Calculation and Visualization
- ISC Mining Prototype Extensions
- Conversion of Regulatory Documents from PDF to Plain Text Format
- Concept Drift Prediction Based on Event and Sensor Data Streams - GUI Widget
For own topics please contact: bachelor.i17 [at] in.tum.de
- Process Engine Based Edge Nodes for High Performance Sensor Data Collection
- Discovery of Distributed Processes
- Conformance Checking in Processes Choreographies
For own topics please contact: master.i17 [at] in.tum.de